Here at the UBLC, we believe that every university journey should start off with a great fresher's experience. That's why this year, the UBLC is delighted to give you our much-anticipated annual Fresher's trip!
Over three days and two nights, we'll bring you out to see the sights and sounds of Cardiff city and Margam County Park, climb treetops with the Go-Ape adventure, chase your friends down in LaserQuest, live Cardiff's nightlife, and just have a smashing time in general. Starting law school can be hectic, and we're 100% committed to making sure you have the time to bond with your fellow freshers and make lasting friendships that will see you through law school and beyond. So what're you waiting for? Sign up today!
Exclusively for UBLC Members who have entered the school in the academic year 2017-2018.
Price: Now reduced to £50! (accommodation, food and transport included)
Dates: 20th - 22nd October
People: 40 Freshers, 10 Committee Members
Day One - Friday 20th October 2017
07:30 - Meet at Merchant Venture's Building (Near Wills Memorial) (note: please arrive in your outdoor wear as we proceed straight to Go-Ape!)
- 08:00 - Coaches depart for Cardiff
- 09:20 - Arrive at Margam County Park, Cardiff
- 10:00 - Cardiff Go-Ape
- 14:00 - BBQ at Margam County Park
- 17:00 - Return to Hostel in YHA Hostel in Cardiff City
- 19:00 - Pizza Dinner & party games!
- 21:30 - Out to town for pre-drinks
- 23:00 - Clubbing in Cardiff
Day Two - Saturday 21st October 2017
- 08:30 - Breakfast at hostel
- 10:00 - LaserQuest/Bowling in Cardiff City
- 14:00 - Lunch & free time/group tours with group leaders in Cardiff
- 19:00 - Dinner at Hostel
- 21:00 - Bar crawl in Cardiff City
Day Three - Sunday 22nd October 2017
- 10:30 - Checkout of hostel
- 11:00 - Brunch
- 13:30 - Return to Bristol
Provision of meals:
Breakfast not provided
Dinner not provided
Things to Bring
1 set of night clothes
3 sets of day clothes (underwear included)
1 set of outdoor wear (to be worn on departure)
Cash (100 pounds~)
Flip flops/Indoor slippers (optional)
Small bottles of soap (Optional)
Teddy bear (Optional)
We want to make sure all the bases get covered, so we've prepared an indemnity form for you to fill in and hand to us on the day itself.
- If you are under 18, we do need to have your parents sign off on that form for you. Apologies!
- Please try to print it out and bring it on the day - if you do not have your form when you show up, we won't be able to let you participate in any of the activities!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the trip. As we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in all of our events, we would love to help you make suitable adjustments to ensure that the trip is enjoyable for you and everyone else as well. Do let us know!
Unfortunately, to prevent problems with payment and logistics, we have a strict no-cancellation policy. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.